Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie9.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 271174 and growing!

Another loss..:-( - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum 
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Another loss..:-(

» CHAT Now! «  [ 265 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: Another loss..:-(       - Views: 2001
Denwin32 11-Jan 2010 Monday 2:29 PM (5270 days ago)               #1
*Platinum Member*

Liked By: 42

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

GIC at forefront of impending CRE disaster in America: Singapore boleh!

January 9, 2010 · 3 Comments

It’s finally happened: Stuyvesant Town is in default. So we can kiss our US575 million goodbye (yes, it’s our money, and  for those who don’t like to count in USDs, it’s SGD 805,000,000 – even the geniuses at GIC have to concede that the number is equivalent to quite a few GCBs) . 

From WSJ “Tishman, BlackRock Default on Stuyvesant Town”

Tishman Speyer and BlackRock Inc. said Friday that they wouldn’t make a full scheduled debt payment to senior lenders on Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village, triggering default and leaving one of New York’s largest apartment complexes in limbo.

The joint venture “has been engaged in discussions with CWCapital, the special servicer acting on behalf of the lenders, and hopes to continue good-faith negotiations toward a potential restructuring of the debt,” the venture said in a statement.

CWCapital, which couldn’t be reached for comment, is expected to issue a notice of default over the payment, scheduled to be $16 million. The statement didn’t say how much, if any, of the payment was made.

The announcement shouldn’t affect the complex’s day-to-day operations, which have become a major concern for current tenants.

A venture led by Tishman Speyer Properties and a unit of BlackRock bought the 11,000-unit complex in 2006 in a top-of-the-market deal valued at $5.4 billion, hoping to push out longtime tenants and replace them with tenants paying higher rents.

But the highly leveraged deal has suffered amid New York’s weak economy. Also, in October, New York’s highest court ruled that owners improperly raised rents on thousands of units removed from the city’s rent-regulation program, a ruling that sent shock waves through New York’s real-estate community.

Well, it wasn’t hard to see this coming. But take heart, fellow citizens: despite our tiny size, we are at the forefront of one of the most damaging financial tsunamis about to hit the world in 2010. CRE Singapore boleh.

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
男人本色
(Est. Apr 2009)

Total Members: 83

ahpuiahsan 11-Jan 2010 Monday 4:21 PM (5270 days ago)            #2
Gold Member

Liked By: 67

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Denwin32:

GIC at forefront of impending CRE disaster in America: Singapore boleh!

January 9, 2010 · 3 Comments

It’s finally happened: Stuyvesant Town is in default. So we can kiss our US575 million goodbye (yes, it’s our money, and  for those who don’t like to count in USDs, it’s SGD 805,000,000 – even the geniuses at GIC have to concede that the number is equivalent to quite a few GCBs) . 

From WSJ “Tishman, BlackRock Default on Stuyvesant Town”

Tishman Speyer and BlackRock Inc. said Friday that they wouldn’t make a full scheduled debt payment to senior lenders on Stuyvesant Town and Peter Cooper Village, triggering default and leaving one of New York’s largest apartment complexes in limbo.

The joint venture “has been engaged in discussions with CWCapital, the special servicer acting on behalf of the lenders, and hopes to continue good-faith negotiations toward a potential restructuring of the debt,” the venture said in a statement.

CWCapital, which couldn’t be reached for comment, is expected to issue a notice of default over the payment, scheduled to be $16 million. The statement didn’t say how much, if any, of the payment was made.

The announcement shouldn’t affect the complex’s day-to-day operations, which have become a major concern for current tenants.

A venture led by Tishman Speyer Properties and a unit of BlackRock bought the 11,000-unit complex in 2006 in a top-of-the-market deal valued at $5.4 billion, hoping to push out longtime tenants and replace them with tenants paying higher rents.

But the highly leveraged deal has suffered amid New York’s weak economy. Also, in October, New York’s highest court ruled that owners improperly raised rents on thousands of units removed from the city’s rent-regulation program, a ruling that sent shock waves through New York’s real-estate community.

Well, it wasn’t hard to see this coming. But take heart, fellow citizens: despite our tiny size, we are at the forefront of one of the most damaging financial tsunamis about to hit the world in 2010. CRE Singapore boleh.

They will come out and said, there is risk in investment P and L is part and parcel of investment....

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

ahpuiahsan 11-Jan 2010 Monday 4:46 PM (5270 days ago)            #3
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Oops, they will gonna increase something to fill up the losses.....remember what happens when they lost a big hole in Shin corp....

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

Denwin32 11-Jan 2010 Monday 5:01 PM (5270 days ago)            #4
*Platinum Member*

Liked By: 42

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by ahpuiahsan:

Oops, they will gonna increase something to fill up the losses.....remember what happens when they lost a big hole in Shin corp....

Ya... Ah San... think they have increased the utilities starting 1st Jan10... Heard from a cab driver...

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
男人本色
(Est. Apr 2009)

Total Members: 83
Zion83 11-Jan 2010 Monday 6:39 PM (5270 days ago)            #5
Master Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

GST 10% coming beri soon. Frown

Why would someone surf a betting forum and flame another person if he himself nber bet?

Most females nber bet on soccer but I dun see them surfing a betting forum "just for fun" and start flaming people.

Singaporean males realli have lots of free time on their hands. Should try to make more babies to help the birth rates.

ahpuiahsan 11-Jan 2010 Monday 9:20 PM (5270 days ago)            #6
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Denwin32:

Ya... Ah San... think they have increased the utilities starting 1st Jan10... Heard from a cab driver...

Yes, already increase. Always use the same excuses that Oil price went up so electricity gotta rise. However, i think electricity is generated by Natural Gas bought from malaysia and indonesia.
Only the back up generator use diesel to power in case of Blackout.

Zion83 15-Jan 2010 Friday 4:51 PM (5266 days ago)            #7
Master Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

This is the second wave of commercial real estate bubble after the housing bubble.

Why would someone surf a betting forum and flame another person if he himself nber bet?

Most females nber bet on soccer but I dun see them surfing a betting forum "just for fun" and start flaming people.

Singaporean males realli have lots of free time on their hands. Should try to make more babies to help the birth rates.

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Another loss..:-(

Change Timezone:   

5. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback Privacy Policy Terms of Service