Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie9.com |  asianbookie.ru | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 271982 and growing!

DBS News, Please advise - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum 
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > DBS News, Please advise

» CHAT Now! « [ 99 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: DBS News, Please advise       - Views: 2715
TeeGo Tipster*****
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 8:39 PM (5672 days ago)               #1

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hi All,

Can any brudder here advise whether the news annouced by DBS is good or not. It was mentioned that DBS will buy back shares in open or off market at price of 5 days ave price.

Below is the link to the annoucement. Thanks
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_6585C8F88844ABB84825757B003093CB/$file/dbs_egm.pdf?openelement
Frown

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 10:18 PM (5672 days ago)            #2
Gold Member

Liked By: 67

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by TeeGo Tipster*****:

Hi All,

Can any brudder here advise whether the news annouced by DBS is good or not. It was mentioned that DBS will buy back shares in open or off market at price of 5 days ave price.

Below is the link to the annoucement. Thanks
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_6585C8F88844ABB84825757B003093CB/$file/dbs_egm.pdf?openelement

Depending on how you look at it. Most companies will conduct share buy back. It can be seen as a confidence boosting move.

Another piece of news which is more interesting is the scrip dividend scheme, proposed by DBS Bank, which is widely see as a move to conserve cash. Shareholders can choose to election to receive cash, or scrip or partiall both.

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

TeeGo Tipster*****
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 11:10 PM (5672 days ago)            #3

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by ahpuiahsan:

Depending on how you look at it. Most companies will conduct share buy back. It can be seen as a confidence boosting move.

Another piece of news which is more interesting is the scrip dividend scheme, proposed by DBS Bank, which is widely see as a move to conserve cash. Shareholders can choose to election to receive cash, or scrip or partiall both.

Hi Brother ahpuiahsan,

Thanks for your reply!

I am worried about the off market share buy back from shareholders based on 105% average 5 days price. I am currently holding onto 5000 shares of DBS, 2 lots at ave price of 12.8, two lots at average price of 8.24 and one lots of rights given to me at $5.42. What if the DBS share price fall to $6 plus again and DBS start to buy back? I will be losing like hell! Really worry boy! Frown

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 11:32 PM (5672 days ago)            #4
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hi Brother ahpuiahsan,

Thanks for your reply!

I am worried about the off market share buy back from shareholders based on 105% average 5 days price. I am currently holding onto 5000 shares of DBS, 2 lots at ave price of 12.8, two lots at average price of 8.24 and one lots of rights given to me at $5.42. What if the DBS share price fall to $6 plus again and DBS start to buy back? I will be losing like hell! Really worry boy!

Risks is part of the Game. No Risks no gain.

I suppose you will have to hold on for long term investment, get the dividend 4 times per year. There is always a cycle. When stock market having Bull charge, it might go up again, maybe to SGD15.00, but when bear market claws back, it might also fall below SGD6.00
Note DBS bank did fall to a low of SGD3.52.
ANyway, just keep it for long term, as i reckon DBS Bank will not collapse as DBS Bank isto SIngapore just like BOA or Citibank to USA.

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

Beri Heng Fan
21-Mar 2009 Saturday 12:16 AM (5669 days ago)            #5
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

I am also looking at DBS too.

Any updates on news, info?

Any kind of news is welcome.

ahpuiahsan
21-Mar 2009 Saturday 12:23 AM (5669 days ago)            #6
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Beri Heng Fan:

I am also looking at DBS too.

Any updates on news, info?

Any kind of news is welcome.

NOt sure about any updated news except it is proposing to have scrip dividend scheme.

However i am thinking maybe DBS Bank is trying to conserve cash to maybe buy up some Banks in the region. (Note : They have not use the proceed from the SGD1.5Billion raised form the Bonds and the SGD4billion from the Rights Issue)

Beri Heng Fan
02-Apr 2009 Thursday 10:52 PM (5656 days ago)            #7
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by ahpuiahsan:

NOt sure about any updated news except it is proposing to have scrip dividend scheme.

However i am thinking maybe DBS Bank is trying to conserve cash to maybe buy up some Banks in the region. (Note : They have not use the proceed from the SGD1.5Billion raised form the Bonds and the SGD4billion from the Rights Issue)

ok stay cool until DBS are decided?

ahpuiahsan
02-Apr 2009 Thursday 11:17 PM (5656 days ago)            #8
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Well, the upcoming AGM and EGM will most likely to pass all resolution including the scrip dividend scheme, which is another way to conserve cash.

Btw, do you notice that most Companies will pass their resolutions without fail? Why?
The reason i can think of is the majority shareholders (usually the directors) are the one who came up with the resolutions and sure will pass 1 lah. Playful

Beri Heng Fan
04-Apr 2009 Saturday 9:53 AM (5655 days ago)            #9
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Ya lor....

Nobody else goes for these meetings.

I go because of the good food served after the meetings.

ahpuiahsan
04-Apr 2009 Saturday 6:20 PM (5654 days ago)            #10
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by Beri Heng Fan:

Ya lor....

Nobody else goes for these meetings.

I go because of the good food served after the meetings.

Usually quite a number of the shareholders who attend the AGM/EGM are Uncles and Aunties, who went for the food. Are you 1 of them? Playful
Just kidding.

Not sure if SGX knows about all these craps about AGM//EGM, where most resolutions wil pass thru. Since all resolutions will pass thru, why spend the $$$$ to held? Frown

TeeGo Tipster*****
10-Apr 2009 Friday 11:31 PM (5648 days ago)            #11

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hi Brother ahpuiahsan,

Sold off all my DBS at $8.67 during the recent rally, make a few Ks.

I also sold off my 2 lots of UOB at $10.54 at a price slightly below my purchase price.

I thought that I can consolidate my cash to purchase more DBS and UOB when the market corrected downward, but it seem like the market is going higer and higher.

Wat is your view on the current market, target price for DBS and UOB for buying in? Confused

Cheers!

ahpuiahsan
11-Apr 2009 Saturday 12:16 AM (5648 days ago)            #12
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hi Brother ahpuiahsan,

Sold off all my DBS at $8.67 during the recent rally, make a few Ks.

I also sold off my 2 lots of UOB at $10.54 at a price slightly below my purchase price.

I thought that I can consolidate my cash to purchase more DBS and UOB when the market corrected downward, but it seem like the market is going higer and higher.

Wat is your view on the current market, target price for DBS and UOB for buying in?

Cheers!

Not very sure, it's suppose to be a bear market rally, but it carry on for 5th straight weeks!! Scared

But i am sure the Banks will report a lower profits in the upcoming 1st quarter results reporting. Should able to gauage more where's the market going.

ahpuiahsan
11-Apr 2009 Saturday 1:25 PM (5648 days ago)            #13
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

RICHARD Stanley, the chief executive of Singapore's DBS Group died from leukaemia on Saturday morning after his medical condition deteriorated on Friday, Reuters reported.

'After a brave fight Rich, passed on at about 8.45am this morning. His immediate family was by his side as he slipped away peacefully,' a DBS spokesman told Reuters.

Let's see how DBS fare on Monday.
The likely news impact will be who is the new CEO to take over. Koh Boon Hwee?

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > DBS News, Please advise

Change Timezone:   

5. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback Privacy Policy Terms of Service