Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie9.com |  asianbookie.ru | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 271982 and growing!

Trading account - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum 
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Trading account

» CHAT Now! « [ 99 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: Trading account       - Views: 2772
jacky87
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 7:25 PM (5672 days ago)               #1
Veteran Member

Liked By: 4

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

hey guys,can anyone help?

i wish to open a trading account to play stocks but i dun know how to open and what are the procedures?

Can help?

Play responsibly

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 10:22 PM (5672 days ago)            #2
Gold Member

Liked By: 67

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by jacky87:

hey guys,can anyone help?

i wish to open a trading account to play stocks but i dun know how to open and what are the procedures?

Can help?

You can go to any brokerage Firms such as Phillips, UOB KayHian, DBS Vickers etc to open CDP account thru them, as you need broker to conduct a transaction, or use their internet trading platform.
Or
If you have tonnes of $$$$, you can request your private banker to open the account. However, this is not encouraged as there is charges involved if account is held thru them.

Note : YHou need to open a CDP account in order to start trading, and opening a CDP account is free.

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 10:30 PM (5672 days ago)            #3
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

What trading accounts do I need?

Before you can start trading, you will need two accounts: a securities account with The Central Depository (Pte) Ltd (CDP) and a trading account with a stockbroking member of SGX-ST.

The securities account is for the settlement of trades. It maintains all the shares you’ll buy on SGX, and electronically records the movements of the shares in and out of your account as you buy and sell them. The trading account allows you to trade shares in the stock market. Both these accounts have to be linked before you can start trading.

To open a securities account, you will need to be 21 years of age and must not be an undischarged bankrupt.

Just complete the application forms for the opening of a CDP direct securities account through your broker or directly with the CDP. That means, if you sign up with a stockbroking company, you can open both accounts with your stockbroker at the same time.

While you can have only one CDP securities account, you are free to open trading accounts with multiple stockbroking houses.

Life's like a box of chocs, you'll never know what you gonna get. I didnt know, but when you walked into my life, i just knew i'd gotten the sweetest box...

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 10:30 PM (5672 days ago)            #4
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Why do I need a stock broker?

To buy and sell shares, you will need a stockbroker to help you carry out the transactions. In other words, he is the middleman for you to trade on SGX.

Your stockbroker is a licensed representative of a SGX-ST stockbroking company and charges a professional fee, or a brokerage commission, for his service.

If you prefer online trading, you will still need a trading account with a stockbroking firm which offers Internet trading services.

Q: Once I have a CDP Securities Account and a trading account with a broker, how do I buy shares?
A: Tell your broker what shares you want to buy. Your broker will execute your order and handle all other details. Alternatively, you can carry out your transactions through the stockbroker’s online trading platform.

Q: How can I sell shares I own?
A: Tell your broker what shares you want to sell. The shares will be debited from your securities account with the CDP on due date (T+3).

jacky87
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 11:05 PM (5672 days ago)            #5
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Hmmmwad abt POEMS?I heard that POEMS not very gd?
I want trade in US market

Play responsibly

ahpuiahsan
17-Mar 2009 Tuesday 11:22 PM (5672 days ago)            #6
Gold Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by jacky87:

Hmmmwad abt POEMS?I heard that POEMS not very gd?
I want trade in US market

POEMS is internet trading platform operated by Phillips. You might need to open account with Brokerage Firms which offer US market trading in order to trade in US market.

Good or not good is heresay, you have to use it yourself to know it.

Note : I do not use POEMS.

jacky87
18-Mar 2009 Wednesday 12:04 AM (5672 days ago)            #7
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by ahpuiahsan:

POEMS is internet trading platform operated by Phillips. You might need to open account with Brokerage Firms which offer US market trading in order to trade in US market.

Good or not good is heresay, you have to use it yourself to know it.

Note : I do not use POEMS.

POEMS has license to trade in US market too...so which firm do u use den?

Play responsibly

cookieguy
18-Mar 2009 Wednesday 1:06 AM (5672 days ago)            #8
*Gold Member*

Liked By: 82
Followers: 1

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

you can consider DBS Vickers also. though higher commission but you do not need to pay custodian fee of $2 (that is if you wish to go "long" or hold long term).

DBS Vickers to my knowledge is the only brokerage house that does not charge a custodian fee.

Betting objective: Cover up fixed monthly expenses!

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
Ultimate Riches
(Est. Dec 2006)

Total Members: 67
jacky87
18-Mar 2009 Wednesday 6:02 PM (5672 days ago)            #9
Veteran Member

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by cookieguy:

you can consider DBS Vickers also. though higher commission but you do not need to pay custodian fee of $2 (that is if you wish to go "long" or hold long term).

DBS Vickers to my knowledge is the only brokerage house that does not charge a custodian fee.

what is a custodian fee?

Play responsibly

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Stocks, FX, Cryptocurrencies & Commodities Forum > Trading account

Change Timezone:   

7. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback Privacy Policy Terms of Service